Join The Team
Let your talent thrive
We are a small, agile and friendly place to work, offering the right candidate the chance to grow with us into the future. We are headquartered in Tampa and maintain a focus on suburban development opportunities in Southeastern markets.
• Reporting directly to the VP of Accounting, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting of the assets under development and preparing monthly financial close.
As a member of the Accounting team your essential functions will be to:
• Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting close procedures in accordance with internal control framework .
• Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, including bank reconciliations, for detailed review.
• Drive general ledger and job cost analysis including analytics and monthly expense variance analysis.
• Perform data entry and participate in the maintenance of detailed accounting records across various business units with consideration of equity & intercompany transactions and consolidated reporting.
• Create and manage monthly Anticipated Cost Reports, with input from various internal departments.
• Coordinate cash needs per project.
• Assist with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and corporate treasury processes.
• Review contracts and analyze committed costs.
• Assist in preparation and review of tax and audit deliverables.
• Reconcile allocations to projects and tracking of reimbursements.
• Perform ad hoc analysis and assist with special projects.
• Collaborate and partner with various departments throughout the organization.
• Carry out other duties as assigned.
• Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience.
• An undergraduate degree in Accounting or with Accounting concentration.
• Understanding of US GAAP.
• General ledger accounting experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including advanced Excel knowledge).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with Yardi Voyager.
• Intent to track towards CPA license.
• Real estate development or construction industry experience.
• Public accounting experience.
We develop inspired multi-family communities focused on lifestyle and excellence.